Monday, June 30, 2008

I need a happy ending

Rex and I watched "The Guardian" yesterday. It was a good movie, but the ending stunk! I am a sucker for happy endings. I hate to watch a movie all the way through and then be disappointed because the ending is sad or depressing. There are maybe one or two exceptions, but even with those, I would have preferred a better end result. "Braveheart" is one.

I also really detest sad movies for sad movies' sake. For example, I will not watch "Old Yeller" or "Where the Red Fern Grows" (I've seen them both once, and that was plenty). What is the point of those movies?? I could lump "Steel Magnolias" and "Beaches" into a similar category. I also don't like the super sad, sappy songs either (can't stand "The Christmas Shoes.") There's already too much stuff in this world that is sad and depressing. I don't need anything else to bring me down, even if it is just a fictional story.

That reminds me of the episode of "Friends" where Phoebe finds out that her mother never let her watch the sad endings of movies and she thought they all ended happily. She was so upset when she found out what REALLY happened in all those movies. That's a pretty funny episode, but I think they should have let Phoebe stay ignorant and happy! Maybe I'm a little weird.

Well, that's all for now. Toodle-loo!

No comments: