Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Hanging out with the boys

Today I am just hanging with my guys. My dad came over and he and Rex are currently engaged in a shoot-'em-up X-Box game and Nathan is currently napping. I need to put the laundry in the dryer, empty the dishwasher, clean my bedroom, list some eBay items, and put some makeup on. But here I am wasting away in Blogville. It is much more fun than those other alternatives.

Rex is doing much better today. He still hurts the worst when he laughs or sneezes. He's been laughing a LOT. He's laughed really hard at stuff that wasn't even funny. Earlier in the week he could blame the drugs, but he hasn't even taken any the last couple of days. If I laugh AT ALL, he just starts laughing uncontrollably. The other day I just sniffed really hard and he thought I was laughing, so he started laughing. I was like, "Dude, get a grip!" There are times however, that we keep making each other laugh and it's really bad. Those are the times when we have to go into separate rooms to get control over ourselves so that Rex doesn't die from all the hilarity. He can't wait until that part is over. He told me last night, "I HAVE to be able to laugh! It's who I am. I LAUGH." He's funny.

I got some movies from the library yesterday. It's been so long since we've had any time to just sit and watch a movie together. We watched "Superman Returns" last night. It was OK. I wasn't blown away by it or anything, but it was worth seeing. I thought it was really stupid how it was supposed to take place five years after the previous Superman movie and yet all the actors they chose for the parts were quite a bit younger than all the actors in the originals. The guy that played Superman looked like a little boy compared to Christopher Reeve. Call me picky, but I just thought it was a little ridiculous. We won't have time to watch anything today, but maybe we can catch some more later in the week/weekend. I'm looking forward to it.

I went swimming last night with Nathan in his new little inflatable pool. It's really cute--it has a canopy over it that "rains" water down on you, if you want it to. Nathan loves that. It was over 90 degrees when we went out there, but the water was cool, and with the wind blowing, Nathan and I both nearly froze to death!! Who knew? We didn't stay in there too long just because we couldn't stand it. Crazy, huh?

OK. I'd better go get something done. Bye for now.

No comments: