Friday, June 27, 2008

I learned something new about couponing!

I actually learned some incredibly useful knowledge that I didn't know about using coupons!! And, strangely enough, I learned it from my husband (I know, go figure!) I think he learned it from talking with a guy at work whose wife is a big coupon shopper. I found out that you can use coupons for any of the products that fall under the particular brand name on the coupon, whether the coupon is ACTUALLY for that specific product or not. For example, I used a Ritz chips coupon and bought some plain Ritz crackers, and a Bertolli pasta package coupon to purchase jarred pasta sauce. I'm not sure just how far this reaches, but I think you could use a Pampers pull ups coupon for regular Pampers diapers and maybe even a coupon for Dove hair products to buy Dove deodorant. I will have to experiment and see what the store will actually take. I am very excited about this newfound knowledge because that means that so many of the coupons I haven't been able to use in the past (and sadly, have thrown money down the drain by tossing them in the garbage) are now very usable, and I can save a lot more money that way!

I also found out that WalMart will price match any competitor's ads, so I am going to start checking all the ads for good buys now and taking them with me to the store when I shop. I am really hoping to save a bunch of money by doing this! YAY!

Well, gotta go get my little one out of the shower--his daddy is "yoo hooing" me!

No comments: