Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A Dream Is a Wish

I was looking at someone else's blog (I think they call that blog stalking?) and found an interesting topic--they had made a "bucket list" much like the one in the movie that came out a few months ago with Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson. Incidentally, that looks like a pretty good movie, and we may have to see it. But anyway, the list included things that they wanted to do before they "kicked the bucket." It got me to thinking about what kinds of things that I might want to put on my "bucket list." That's kind of a difficult list to make because there are lots of things that I'd like to do, but none of them are particularly mandatory. In fact, if Jesus came back tomorrow, I wouldn't mind a bit! Now, if I were to simply die tomorrow, I would definitely miss a lot of things--being a mom to my baby boy and watching him grow up would be at the top of the list. But there are definitely some things that I wish I could do before the Lord takes me home, and so I made a list. Many of these are places I'd like to go/things I'd like to see around the world. And, they are in no particular order, so here goes (and I admit, I stole a few from the blog I was on--hey, they were good!)
  1. Go to the Holy Land and walk where Jesus walked
  2. Write a book
  3. Write more songs
  4. Make a quilt
  5. Make some really beautiful scrapbooks
  6. Read the Bible from cover to cover (it's sad I've never done this--but I'm on my way!)
  7. Go llama trekking
  8. Take more voice lessons
  9. Learn to play the penny whistle
  10. Deepen my relationship with Christ
  11. Learn photography (stole that one)
  12. Go on a cruise
  13. See the Aurora Borealis (stole that one as well)
  14. Go to the Smithsonian
  15. Stomp grapes at a vineyard (stole that one too)
  16. Stay in an ice hotel in Sweden (and another one stolen)
  17. Tour some Mayan ruins
  18. Walk on top of the Great Wall of China
  19. Become a better friend
  20. Visit the following places (other than the ones I've already mentioned): Alaska, Yellowstone, Mt. Rushmore, the top of the Statue of Liberty, Washington D.C., Disneyworld and MGM, Niagra Falls, Victoria in British Columbia, Rome, Greece, Belgium, Austria, Venice (and float down the "streets"), Germany (and see some concentration camps), the pyramids in Egypt, the Eiffel Tower in Paris
I imagine I'll think of more to add another time. But that's a pretty good start. I can't imagine that I'll have the opportunity to do ALL of these things (it is a WISH list) but hey, I can dream, can't I??? I've also got to overcome my fear of flying before I can visit most of the places on my list :) But there are some very do-able things on here that I plan to accomplish at some point. It's kind of exciting really.

So there you have it--my "bucket list."

1 comment:

SuzyQ said...

I finally read the Bible all the way through! YAY--one down on my bucket list!