Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Woo Hoo for Egg Nog in July!!

I am an egg nog FREAK, and I am particularly partial to Braum's Egg Nog. I love it so much that I usually go through several half gallons every holiday season. It's a wonder I'm not big as a barn. Braum's makes an amazing egg nog shake too during the holidays--they use egg nog ice cream and real egg nog to make it. It's absolutely sinful, but totally delicious! We usually try to stop every year either on the way up or back from Oklahoma and get a shake at Braum's during the holidays. Rex goes for the pumpkin malt, but I'm egg nog all the way, Baby!

It's probably rather fortunate (for my waistline, particularly) that egg nog is only sold during the holidays, even though that makes me very sad. But, a couple of years ago I got this brilliant idea and I bought a couple of extra half gallons to put in the freezer so that I could have egg nog in the summertime! As luck would have it, they even put it on SALE that year because they had ordered too much of it. I was ecstatic.

Well, long story short, I got pregnant that year and was lactose intolerant during my pregnancy, and then had gestational diabetes, so I didn't get to have egg nog during the summertime. We ended up getting the egg nog out of the freezer at just about holiday time, so it wasn't quite as exciting as I had hoped. Then, that Christmas, Rex and I had the stomach flu and were stuck in Oklahoma for several extra days. When we got back, all the egg nog was sold out, and we couldn't get any to freeze for last summer. I was totally bummed.

So, this past holiday season, I made sure to buy two extra half gallons of yumminess, and I froze them. We decided just the other day that we would thaw one and enjoy it! It has been so much fun to drink egg nog in the middle of the summer when no one else can!!! We love egg nog french toast (one of my specialties--it's amazing!) and so we've had that twice already. There is just a little left in the jug, so we'll probably split that tonight and savor the last drops together. But, there's still one more left in the freezer and we'll be getting it out later in the summer. I know all you egg nog people are jealous! As for me, it's total happiness!! Thank you, Lord, for egg nog!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

OH my gosh you are too funny! This had me laughing out loud in the middle of the Tarleton library....I can just see you hovering protectively over your last little glass of eggnog. LOL

BTW, I was going to comment on some earlier blogs you wrote and didn't because my internet connection sucks (hence the Tarleton library). But maybe we can get together SOMEDAY and chat in person! Miss you!