Friday, September 12, 2008

Shorts

Here are some funny little short accounts of silly little happenings in my life. Just thought I would share. Maybe they will make someone smile . . .

One afternoon when I was in high school, I was riding in the car with my friend Joanna. Suddenly, out of the blue, I exclaimed, "COWABUNGA!" for no reason (sometimes words get in my head and I just have to say them). She gave me a funny look and then we just sat in silence for a few minutes. I was lost in thought and my mind wandered to all sorts of unrelated things. Then I started thinking about cowabunga again and I seriously couldn't remember at that point if it was me or Joanna who had said it. So I turned to Joanna and asked, "Who said "cowabunga"? She looked at me like I had two heads and said, "You did!" Then I laughed and laughed but I think Joanna thought I needed mental help.

---------------------------

Once when I was in college, there were a bunch of us hanging out at my apartment. Our living room was literally full of people, and there was not even a spot on the floor to sit. Rex was sitting on the arm of the couch, and I was sitting on his knee (we were dating at that point). I guess Rex was overcome with affection for me at some point because he pulled me suddenly to himself and said, "I'm going to squeeze the tootie out of you!" Well, he squeezed just hard enough that that's exactly what he did. Everyone in the room heard it, and I was absolutely mortified. Everyone was laughing with me instead of just at me , but it probably scarred me for life ;)

---------------------------

When I was in middle school, I had this crazy friend who could make me laugh like none other. I think that nearly every day of school I literally wet my pants from laughing so hard. You would think I would have wised up and brought an extra pair with me each day, but no. One day we were bored in band practice--we were always bored because the director was always working with another section. Looking for something to pass the time, we started digging through our purses. I pulled out a small pill container that had aspirin and Vitamin C in it (this was in the dark ages, before you weren't allowed to bring things like that to school). So this is how it went: my friend would chew up the pills and I would laugh hysterically at the faces she made while doing so. Let me tell you, the faces one makes when chewing up Vitamin C are pretty stinkin' funny. The tablets are incredibly sour and make your whole face pucker. But the faces one makes when chewing up aspirin are even better!! Those things are terribly bitter and I don't know when I have laughed so hard! Definitely had wet pants after that.

---------------------------

Well, there you go. I'll think of some more later.

No comments: