Friday, September 26, 2008

Better?

Well, I finally washed my hair today, three days after my perm. I went ahead and suffered through after looking online and finding more and more stuff about the importance of waiting 72 hours. I didn't want to take any chances on damaging my hair or making it look worse. It wasn't quite 72 hours (more like 69), but I figured it would be close enough.

By the way, clean makes ALL the difference in the world. I actually had to wash it 3 times because it was so gross. The first time it didn't lather AT ALL when I put the shampoo on it. The second time, I got a little lather, but the third time was the charm. It felt so good to get all that oil and gunk out of it.

So, the good news is, once I had the opportunity to fiddle with it my self, I was able to make my hair actually look OK. I think I am going to like it after all, which is such a relief. It is very curly, yes, but it has some good body to it, and without doing anything to it at all, I think it looks better than it did before I got the perm either way. I'll play with it some more and see what else I can do with it.

Thanks for all the pointers and encouragement! You girls know how it is when your hair isn't right. It's just a great big bummer. But, things are looking up now, so YAY!

2 comments:

Ms. Anita said...

Hi Susan... this is Anita (from OBU). :)

So, when do we get to see the new 'do?

Ms. Anita said...

Hi, hair-changing gal! :)

I've tagged you on my homeschool blog! Come over and see!

:)